Guests must be at least 18 years old to play video gaming machines or wager on horses. Please be sure to bring valid photo ID in the event you are asked to provide proof of your age. (You will need it to claim your winnings as well!)
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What is the age requirement to play slot machines, electronic table games or wager on horses?
- 2. What forms of ID are accepted?
- 3. What are the hours of operation?
- 4. What are the admission and parking costs?
- 5. What games are available at Empire City Casino?
- 6. How many slot machines are at Empire City Casino?
- 7. What slot machine denominations are available?
- 8. Does Empire City Casino have electronic table games?
- 9. How do I redeem my vouchers?
- 10. Are ATMs available?
- 11. Does Empire City Casino have an easy, no cost way to access cash without using a check or credit card?
- 12. Where can I cash a check?
- 13. What type of currency is accepted?
- 14. Does Empire City Casino serve free alcoholic beverages?
- 15. Where are the restrooms located?
- 16. Is Empire City Casino handicapped accessible?
- 17. Does Empire City Casino have wheelchairs?
- 18. May I smoke inside Empire City Casino?
- 1. What are my dining options at Empire City Casino?
- 2. Are children allowed in the restaurants?
- 3. Is there live entertainment at Empire City Casino?
- 4. Does Empire City Casino have Special Events & Promotions?
- 5. Does Empire City Casino have a Bus Program?
- 6. Can I book Meetings and Events at Empire City Casino?
- 1. Does Empire City Casino have a Player’s Club?
- 2. How do I earn Empire Points?
- 3. How can I use my Empire Points?
- 4. How may I be added to Empire City Casino’s mailing list?
- 5. What if my address has changed or I would like to be removed from the mailing list?
- 6. Why don’t I receive promotional offers in the mail anymore?
- 7. How can I obtain a Win/Loss statement?
1. What is the age requirement to play slot machines, electronic table games or wager on horses?
2. What forms of ID are accepted?
For a list of accepted forms of identification please click here.
3. What are the hours of operation?
Our gaming floor is open daily from 10am until 6am. For holiday schedules with extended hours, please click here.
4. What are the admission and parking costs?
It’s Free! There is no admission charge and we offer free self-parking with shuttle bus service. Valet parking is available at Central Avenue/Clark Street entrance for a fee.
5. What games are available at Empire City Casino?
We have a full variety of game themes, including: electronic roulette, electronic craps, electronic blackjack, electronic sic bo, video poker, progressives and Keno. Click here for a complete game list.
6. How many slot machines are at Empire City Casino?
Empire City Casino has over 5,300 slot machines!
7. What slot machine denominations are available?
We have individual and multi-denominational games available from 1¢ to $100.
8. Does Empire City Casino have electronic table games?
Yes, we have Electronic Bkacjack, Craps, Roulette, Bacarrat, and Sic Bo with bets ranging from $5 to $1000.
9. How do I redeem my vouchers?
All vouchers may be redeemed at Redemption windows within 45 days of the date the voucher is printed. After 45 days, the voucher must be redeemed at either the Lottery Claim Center on the 2nd floor or at a New York Lottery Office:
New York City
15 Beaver Street
New York, NY 10004
Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
18 Westage Business Center
Hudson Valley Towne Center
Fishkill, NY 12524
Monday through Friday
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Schenectady – Capital Adirondack
One Broadway Center
Schenectady, NY 12305
Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
10. Are ATMs available?
Yes, ATMs are located throughout Empire City Casino – at the entrances, redemption booths, and near the escalators.
11. Does Empire City Casino have an easy, no cost way to access cash without using a check or credit card?
Empire City offers Open to Buy. Simply present your valid driver’s license, social security number and a blank check (not a starter check) to the Redemption cashier. The system will then approve you for a dollar amount for a rolling ten day period. Subsequent transactions may take place with your driver’s license (no check needed).
12. Where can I cash a check?
Guests may cash checks at any Redemption window on the first floor and at the Game Cash window on the second floor. Guest may also get credit card cash advances only at the Game Cash window located on the second floor. Empire City Casino offers Open to Buy at all Redemption windows.
13. What type of currency is accepted?
Our slot machines accept U.S. dollars and vouchers.
14. Does Empire City Casino serve free alcoholic beverages?
No, but guests may enjoy complimentary non-alcoholic beverages while playing on the gaming floor.
15. Where are the restrooms located?
Restrooms are located on the first, second, third and fourth floors.
16. Is Empire City Casino handicapped accessible?
Yes, we have handicap parking spaces, ramps and restrooms.
17. Does Empire City Casino have wheelchairs?
Yes, we have wheelchairs. They are located at the Valet Parking area. Just ask one of our valet attendants and they will be able to assist you. Please have a driver’s license or government issued photo ID available.
18. May I smoke inside Empire City Casino?
No. In compliance with New York State law, smoking is not permitted inside the gaming facility or any indoor area at Empire City Casino.
1. What are the minimum requirements to work at Empire City Casino?
You must be at least 18 years of age, pass a pre-employment drug screening/background check and acquire the required license(s) issued by the NYS Gaming Commission.
2. What are the facility hours?
Our gaming floor is open seven days a week from 10am until 6am.
3. How can I apply for a job at Empire City Casino?
Applying is easy, just come in to the Welcome Center, located in the Administration Building. When entering via the Yonkers Avenue entrance, make a left at the first stop sign into the employee parking lot. The Administration Building is a white building and is located behind the blue green building in the employee parking lot. There, you will be able to complete an application at one of our kiosks. Applications can be completed on site from 8am-5pm on weekdays. A second, more convenient method is to apply online anytime by clicking here.
4. Why do I need a NYS Lottery License to work at Empire City Casino?
We partner with the NYS Gaming Commission to host Video Gaming Machines in Westchester County. Employment is contingent upon the receipt of this required license. Our HR team will assist with the application process when an offer is extended.
5. I’ve applied for a position, what’s next?
Applications are reviewed based on position requirements and availability. Applicants are asked to be patient while their application is reviewed. Due to the amount of applications we receive, only qualified candidates are contacted for interviews.
1. What are my dining options at Empire City Casino?
2. Are children allowed in the restaurants?
Absolutely! Families with children must enter at the entrance to the right of valet and proceed up the escalators to the restaurants.
3. Is there live entertainment at Empire City Casino?
Yes, we have FREE liveentertainment in our Entertainment Lounge 5 nights a week! Click here for a complete schedule.
Band/entertainment promotional packages & demos can be sent to:
Empire City Casino at Yonkers Raceway
Attn: Entertainment Department
810 Yonkers Avenue
Yonkers, NY 10704
4. Does Empire City Casino have Special Events & Promotions?
Yes, Empire City Casino features a full range of Special Events & Promotions each month. Click here for a complete list of our current promotions.
5. Does Empire City Casino have a Bus Program?
Yes, Empire City Casino welcomes motor coach groups. Please click herefor more information.
6. Can I book Meetings and Events at Empire City Casino?
Yes, for more information on Meetings and Events packages, please click here.
Empire City Online Casino
1. What is Empire City Online Casino?
Empire City Online Casino is a free-to-play website with no real money. Enjoy all the thrills of Empire City Casino from your desktop or mobile device. Visit Play.EmpireCityCasino.com to get your game on.
2. How do I sign up?
It is easy to sign up for Empire City Online Casino, simply visit the registration page and enter your details. Please note you have to be over 18 years of age as well as a citizen of the United States to be eligible to play.
3. What are credits?
Every Empire City Online Casino player has an account which contains Credits. These Credits appear as dollars and are used to play the games on Empire City Online Casino. If you run out or want to purchase more Credits, you can use your credit card or debit card. Credits cannot be redeemed or exchanged for money at any time. Credits are used to play the games on Empire City Online Casino for entertainment value only.
4. Can I play on a mobile phone or tablet?
Yes, you can visit Empire City Online Casino using a smart phone or a tablet for a mobile-optimized experience. Choose from instant-play Blackjack and Roulette purpose-built for mobile gaming or download your choice of mobile gaming App from the website (for Android devices) or direct from the Apple AppStore (for iPads & iPhones).
5. More FAQ’s
For more information please click here
1. Does Empire City Casino have a Player’s Club?
Yes. Membership is free and only takes a minute to sign up! Join the Empire Club by visiting any of our Promotions Booths located on the 1st floor and present your valid photo ID to a Promotions Booth representative.
2. How do I earn Empire Points?
Earning Empire Points is easy! Simply play your favorite game with your Empire Club Card inserted in the machine.
3. How can I use my Empire Points?
Redeem your Empire points for food and non-alcoholicbeverages, entries into exciting promotions, exclusive merchandise and gift cards, valet parking and more! The more you play with your Empire Club Card, the more benefits you will earn!
4. How may I be added to Empire City Casino’s mailing list?
It’s as easy as joining the Empire Club! Visit any of our Promotions Booths to sign upfor the Empire Club and be automatically added to our mailing list.
5. What if my address has changed or I would like to be removed from the mailing list?
Visit any Promotions Booth and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you with your request.
You may also mail a written request to:
Empire City Casino
Marketing – Address Change
810 Yonkers Ave
Yonkers, NY 10704
Be sure to include your Empire Club Number, old and new addresses.
6. Why don’t I receive promotional offers in the mail anymore?
Promotional offers vary from month to month based on an individual’s gaming activity/history. If you have questions about your Empire Club account and our current promotional programs, please contact your Casino Host 914.457.2623.
7. How can I obtain a Win/Loss statement?
Electronic Win/Loss Request Forms may be obtained by clicking here
Local Area Information
1. What hotels are nearby?
- Hampton Inn Suites: 160 Corporate Dr, Yonkers, 914-377-1144
- Residence Inn by Marriott: 7 Executive Blvd, Yonkers, 914-476-4600
- Springhill Suites Marriott: 480 White Plains Rd, Tarrytown, 914-366-4600
- Royal Regency: 165 Tuckahoe Rd, Yonkers, 800-215-3858
- Double Tree Hilton: 455 South Broadway, Tarrytown, 914-631-5700
- Click here for information on our hotel packages.
2. What are some of the other area attractions?
New York City
- Times Square
- Rockefeller Center
- Empire State Building
- Statue of Liberty
- Broadway theatre
- Central Park
- Yankee Stadium
- Bronx Zoo
- Mall at Cross County – Yonkers, NY
- Cross County Multiplex – Yonkers, NY
- Hudson River Museum – Yonkers, NY
- New Roc City – New Rochelle, NY
- The Westchester – White Plains, NY
- Playland – Rye, NY
1. What is the live harness racing schedule?
Empire City Casino at Yonkers Raceway is proud to continue the tradition of live harness racing. Post time is 7:10pm ET every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Click here for more Racing information.
2. What is the simulcasting schedule?
We offer harness and thoroughbred simulcasting from tracks across the country. Afternoon simulcasting is available based on the NYRA schedule (usually Wednesday through Sunday) and generally begins around noon. Evening simulcasting accompanies all live programs. When there isn’t afternoon simulcasting, evening simulcasting begins at 6:30pm. The weekly schedule is posted on the Racing page. Schedules are subject to change because of the many tracks involved. We do advise guests to check the posted schedules for complete and up-to-date information.
3. Where can I wager on racing?
Wagers can be placed at any of the following locations:
4th floor of Grand Victorian Hall: pari-mutuel wagering and simulcasting
3rd floor of Grand Victorian Hall: pari-mutuel wagering and simulcasting ($5 admission for individual carrels)
2nd floor in the Empire Terrace Restaurant
4. Can I visit the paddock?
Sorry, patrons are not allowed in the paddock.
1. Is there help for people with gambling problems?
New York Council on Problem Gambling 1.800.437.1611 www.nyproblemgambling.org
Gamblers Anonymous 213.386.8789
2. Can I Self-Exclude?
Empire City Casino recognizes our responsibility in the prevention of problem gambling. Our self-exclusion program allows guests with problem gambling behavior to permanently self-exclude themselves from the property. Please click here for complete details.